You Are Reading: One Meal With Many Health Benefits: Learning How To Cook Eru
Eru is one of the traditional meals of the Bayangi people in Manyu, South West Region of Cameroon. The meal is loved across the length and width of the country. It is a constant dish at all occasions and has significant health benefits.
Health benefits of Eru
- Eating Eru leaves helps lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and coronary heart diseases
- It helps slow the progression of heart disease in a person with cardiac disease.
- Due to its high protein content, it helps in repairing body tissues.
- Eru promotes fertility by increasing blood flow to the sexual organs and helps boost sexual desire and ovulation in women while in men it boosts penile erection and libido.
- Eating Eru leaves prevents early morning sickness in pregnant women.
- The benefits are immense. You should join the crew in eating it. Below are simple steps to lick your fingers and boost your health.
Ingredients (it could be in any quantity you so desire)
- Palm oil
- Dried fish
- (Snails) for those who eat it
- Maggi crevette
- Cray fish
- Boil your spiced snails with a pinch of water. When the water is dried, constantly fry the snails until it gets ready and become hard. When it is ready, remove and keep. Towards the end, you will be needing it again.
- Boil your spiced meat and canda. Add the dried fish when it is getting ready. Allow small water in the pot which will be used to extra sweeten the eru.
- Add your waterleaf and immediately add your eru while steering. This is done so as to give the eru an amazing beautiful green look. The greener the more attractive and better.
- Add the required quantity of salt, maggi and maggi crevette.
- Steer until the waterleaf and eru blends together.
- When the waterleaf and eru blends, create a small hole in the middle of the pot.
- Add the required quantity of palm oil.
- Add your snails, grind pepper and grind crayfish.
- Let the pot cook for a while.
- Steer the pot so all the ingredients can blend perfectly.
- You can taste to make sure everything is ok.
- Remove your pot from the fire.
At this point, you are far away from losing any money to the doctor for the aforementioned health related issues.
You are welcome to Manyu, please enjoy your meal.
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT!
You Were Reading: One Meal With Many Health Benefits: Learning How To Cook Eru